to expand your Brand’s presence and reach.
The Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) helps Singapore companies grow and transform. This programme supports projects that help you to scale your business, innovate, or to venture overseas.
In 2020 alone, Enterprise Singapore supported more than 15,000 enterprises with their transformation efforts - a 50% increase from 2019. Over S$21 billion in grants have been disbursed to Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore over the past five years to help them grow their capabilities.
The EDG branding grant provides a systematic solution to look into your brand assets in an effective way.
Enable your company to better capture target audiences and markets by differentiating your brand, products and services.
In-depth findings from market studies to gain invaluable insights on your industry, intended audience and customers
Analysing your competitors’ performance and strategies to position your brand uniquely
Designing your brand strategy based on research findings to connect with your target audience and customers
Setting a standard to align your brand’s purpose to both internal and external stakeholders
Building on key messages to reaffirm your brand strategy
All these will result in a coherent brand system. A coherent brand system will then culminate in a brand style guide (also known as a brand book or brand guide) which functions as a key asset in your company’s arsenal to help content creators communicate consistent messages to your audience.
Over time, awareness and consistency will build trust and rapport between your brand and your target audience.
Key Facts about the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG):
- Implemented by Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Defray up to 80% of the Branding project cost, with additional subsidies for eligible employers
- Up to 30% of approved grant given to kick-start the project
To qualify for the EDG (Branding), you need to:
- Be a business entity registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Financially viable to start and complete the project
- Engage consultants with Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification
To qualify for Additional Subsidies under the SkillsFuture Enterprise Credits (SFEC), you need to:
- Have contributed at least S$750 Skills Development Levy over the qualifying period
- Have employed at least three Singapore Citizens (SCs) or Permanent Residents (PRs) every month over the same period
- Have not been qualified for SFEC at any of the earlier periods
- Development of your own brand canvas
- Your brand strategy agency will discover your brand’s North Star which will guide all your content and designs
- Structure your content for your brand communications to achieve consistency
- Development of effective brand strategy that appeals to targeted consumers and offers differentiated proposition from the competition;
- Assessment of a brand’s financial value and identification of brand levers;
- Development of a strategic plan to optimise marketing resources and improve customer communications
- Production of corporate and/or marketing collaterals, such as brochures, videos, websites, photography, stock pictures, and copywriting;
- Implementation of marketing or PR campaigns:
- Retainer fees of consultants
- Advertising and media buys
- Engagement of social media influencers
- Management of websites/social media platforms
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Creation of the company’s identity
- Brand identity is more than logo and colours, you will discover your brand elements with your branding agency
- Development of your brand’s key distinctive assets
Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore seeking to tap on the EDG programme for Branding must engage Brand consultants with Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification.
As an established Branding agency Singapore, Etereo’s Brand consultants are certified and accredited by international certification bodies (TÜV SÜD) and are recognised by Enterprise Singapore.
Our consultants will guide you through the application process for an uncomplicated and hassle-free experience.
For this period, Enterprise Singapore is giving up to 30% of the approved grant for clients to kick-start their project.
How Do You Prepare for the EDG for Branding?
- Prior to engaging a Branding agency, we strongly encourage for you to state your business goals clearly.
- Feel free to share your ideas and goals – big or small – so that nothing is left out when the project begins.
- Set a timeline and a dedicated team who will be able to execute the strategies on time and accurately.
Most importantly, STAY COMMITTED to building your brand even after the project.
“The rebranding exercise was an eye-opener for my team and I. Etereo’s team is bold in their ideas and designs, unafraid to share, and daring enough to lead the change in my industry. Their content writing is amazing and gives context to the designs that they propose. Through this exercise, I’ve learnt that rebranding is not just about logo design or visuals, but segues into so much more.”
– Sin Giap Seng, Allen
SIN GIAP SENG
Rebranding / Logo Design / Website Design
Established in 1973, Sin Giap Seng has a wealth of experience in the steel fabrication business and delivers quality work at competitive prices.
Despite being one of the longest standing companies in their industry, Sin Giap Seng saw the need to brand and develop digitally to keep up with modern times. Having a brand is easy, but sustainably growing it is not, hence why they chose to rebrand.
As a result, Etereo was tasked to define their brand values and assets clearly, and to align them to their brand identity. We achieved the goals that they outlined for us, which was a professional image and representation of their brand, with both context and meaning that goes deep beyond the surface.
As Singapore prepares for recovery from COVID-19’s fallout, businesses should continue to make use of this downtime to digitalise, restructure and transform.
Prepare for growth and transformation by strengthening your business foundations with the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) for Branding today.
Contact us for a complimentary, no-obligations, Brand audit today.