Your headline is compelling, your content is proofed, your post is now published and ready to woo your audience. Now all you have to do is to wait for your audience to read, like, comment and share your content.
Post after post, nothing happens. Why isn’t your social media marketing getting the engagement you’re expecting? By simply clicking the “publish” button and hoping for the best?
What can you do to increase followers and readers on social media?
In this post, we will share with you on how you can attract followers and increase your social media visibility.
Social Media Marketing Strategies: 8 Ways To Attract Followers
#1 Content Strategies
• Always analyse which type of content is popular in your industry, make sure you produce content that speaks to your target audience. Start by gathering topics that are useful to your audience and the industry as a whole. These topics should be relevant, updated and most discussed in and around the industry on various social media channels.
• Having adequate content may be a challenge for you. Being organised and setting aside time dedicated to your social media marketing is your first step to success. Regardless of the amount of time you set, you need to be consistent and post on your social media channels regularly. Create your own social media calendar. Think about it, when users come to your social media account to realise you don’t have any content, why would they even be interested in following you?
• Develop content that is shareable and helpful, content that makes people pause and read. People want to share your content with their friends, and by doing so it makes them look good. When people share your post, you can better assess your own content, and that results in sustainable growth and traffic for your social media channels.
• Be seen as a resource to users and not just another post that appears in their News Feed. It is crucial to cater to what is useful (not just valuable) to your target audience.
• It is not enough just to post, engage with your followers as much as possible to increase your exposure which generates more followers and creates user-generated content.
• Give people a reason to follow you, do things on your social media from time to time that only your followers get to see and take advantage of. For example, sample giveaways or promo codes. Users who liked your page and signed up for notifications will receive these exclusive rewards. Build a Brand worth following.
Posts with high-resolution flattering images that come with interesting captions can get the highest amount of engagement and attention. Our brains process visuals 60,000 times faster than plain text and social media platforms give special priority to posts with engaging photos and visuals.
• Facebook posts with images attract 39% more engagement.
• LinkedIn image-based posts attract 98% more comments.
• Tweets that include images and videos get 200% more engagement than plain text tweets.
Adding your website or blog URL to your social media profiles help you generate website traffic and qualified leads. If you partner with influencers, work with them to promote your URL in their own content as well.
Using the right hashtags will give you more distribution. Even if you don’t get a lot of followers, you will have a lot of people liking and interacting with your posts just because you used those hashtags. Eventually, you’re going to start attracting a large number of people who are actually following you and liking your posts. The more comments and likes you get, the higher your ranking in search feeds for the specific hashtags you set.
#5 Promoted Post
If you have an existing post that is doing much better than other posts, consider doing a promoted post. Also, use that information and create more content that is similar to the same one you did. Because people like certain content themes, you’ll be surprised to find out what your audience like and what they don’t like. Promoting a single post generates more reach and awareness to your social media account and attracts new followers.
Participating in popular conversations on other social media channels such as Facebook groups, Twitter chats and LinkedIn community can help you increase your social media visibility and awareness.
#7 Influencer Marketing
Content shared by an influencer does not appear spammy or pushy to their followers even if it’s a sponsored post. Followers often believe in the influencer they are following and they trust their advice and recommendations. Influencers who have a strong reputation can add a lot of value to your Brand and help you increase Brand awareness, boost media impressions, engage with your ideal customers, and build your social media following. They are a great source for creating quality backlinks to your social media accounts and website and boost your search engine optimisation (SEO).
#8 Develop Your Brand Voice
Creating a strong, consistent voice is the key to building a real relationship with your audience and social media gives you the freedom to develop personality, style and characteristics of your Brand. Users would be able to know your style, and they can always recognise and relate to your Brand. When users scroll through their News Feed, recognise your Brand instantly even without looking at your account name, that’s when you have succeeded in developing your unique Brand voice.
Source: M Boutique Hotel’s Facebook Page
Social media marketing not only creates an experience for your fans and followers but also anticipation for your upcoming posts. Start by focusing on creating high-quality content for your target audience that makes them keep coming back for more.
To your success!